October is Prevention Month! We’re observing Youth Substance Use Prevention Month and Substance Misuse Prevention Month.
To help spread the good news of prevention, visit our Prevention Month toolkit:
- Share our social media graphics.
- Use the hashtags.
- Update your virtual meeting background and email signature.
To get involved:
- “Talk. They Hear You.”― Get informed, be prepared, and take action to prevent underage substance use.
- SAMHSA’s 20th Prevention Day― Learn what’s new and innovative, on Jan. 29, 2024.
- National Prevention Week― Showcase your community’s prevention work.
- Communities Talk to Prevent Alcohol and Other Drug Misuse― Offers resources to plan local events.
- Voices of Youth― Welcomes youth and young adults as agents of change.